Yoga

"My mat is my canvas and yoga is my art"
unknown

So another one of my passions in life is yoga. For years I've been an indoor yogi, following a DVD and after I broke my foot a few years back I never quite got back into it regularly. I started yoga initially as a form of weight loss and exercise about 8 years ago.

My Sweaty Betty yoga mat and MTV yoga DVDs from Kristen McGee

My friend Cathy recently recommend an Ashtanga yoga class and my passion has been reignited as well as my understanding of what yoga is on a holistic level. The classes have really inspired my practice and have made me better at dealing with stress and I can really bring my attitude and focus on my mat into everyday life. My yoga time is when I tune out of everyday life, vacating my mind of any stresses or thoughts, being in the moment and one with my practice.  It's made me realise I can do more than I thought and really makes it a mind and body exercise.


Sanga

Yesterday I did my first free yoga practice of this year at Rochester Castle, it's an event to bring the community together in a sanga group practice and it was awesome. This is the 3rd time I've been with Cathy and her sister and we really enjoyed it, it's such a lovely practice and in such great surroundings. I'd recommend yoga to anyone, it's not about how flexible you are or even getting the poses right, it's about feeling the benefits to your mind and body. I plan share my yoga journey with you all to help my practice and give you an insight into yoga.

Namaste



Me, Cathy and Claire


Comments

Popular Posts