Medway Beekeepers Honey Show

Due to obvious reason the show was cancelled.

I love entering the local honey show, seeing every one's exhibits and helping out. I learnt a lot of tips and what the judges are really looking for when I was Judge's steward the year before.

I finally won in the novice honey class, I think I've been entering this for the last 4 years now and was proud to finally take away the trophy! Now the challenge is to win in the standard classes- I came 2nd this year against the others.



I also entered the craft section, I'd been working on a little cross stitch of bees. It was a free pattern from DMC threads and I came 2nd.


I felt pressure with my baking due to having won the Margaret Calder Plate at the Kent County Show and the pressure was really on when it was unexpectedly presented to me at the start of our show! I thankfully managed to come 1st with my biscuits though!

I'm thinking of making mead next year, this is always a difficult class and has been dominated for a few years by a great mead maker so I don't stand much of a chance, but what do I have to loose!

Comments

Popular Posts