Kent County Show 2019

About now I'd be getting honey show competition schedules ready for honey shows but due to COVID-19 it doesn't look like there will be many this year.

Last year I entered the Kent County Show- Honey Section for the second time and I was chuffed at how well I done. All the Kent Beekeeping Associations come together from Bexley to Dover to man a tent all about bees and beekeeping as well as a county honey show. I came 3rd in both the honey classes I entered (novice & light), 5th in photography and 1st in baking which means I won the Margaret Calder Plate for the best cookery exhibit!

my rosettes from Kent County Show


Our Association did pretty well too, one of our members won Best in Show and the Novice Cup, another the Agricultural Society's trophy for the most points and the Reginald Tower Rose Bowl for the best candle exhibit! As a group we scooped The Central Division cup for the most points in classes 1-15 which is great and shows an amazing turn out by our Medway Beekeeping members.

Me receiving the Margaret Calder Plate from Lesley Fancote and John Coultrip


The Margaret Calder Plate
The Central Division Cup won by Medway Beekeepers Association last year

Comments

Popular Posts