Scotney Castle

The folly at the bottom of the garden
Back of the house

On Sunday me and my friend Sam when on one of our National Trust adventures to Scotney Castle. Scotney Castle is a medieval moated castle with a house from the late 1800s. The garden is breath takingly beautiful, there are flowers everywhere and everywhere you look the view is perfect. There is even a quarry which has become a stunning magical garden.


Getting lost in the quarry garden!

I wore one of my favourite Pinup Girl Clothing Jenny dresses in the villains print and decided to wear nearly every hair flower I own! I also wore a cute little cropped cardigan from Doll Me Up and my bee brooch is from Glitterbomb UK. 

The interior in the house was amazing and it was like someone had just walked out and left it. The kitchen was a retro 50s/80s style with a beautiful aga and on display were the contents of the kitchen cupboard.



The lady who lived there had an obsession with cats and she had curious little cat ornaments all over the place and even the cat baskets and beds were still in the house! The house is seperate to the castle which was partially demolished to make a folly- and what a cute folly it is- definately not bad for 600 years old! The gardens were so beautiful, the flowers smelt unbelievable and I wish I could stay in the gardens all day long and get lost among all the plants. The house also has a massive estate which we didn't explore (there was also an angry bunch of wasps who's nest had been destroyed on one of the paths!) but I will definately go back to walk all the way around. On the way back to the car I also spotted these little things- beehives!


Comments

Popular Posts