White Cliffs of Dover




















Beth and I decided to go on an adventure today and ended up at the White Cliffs of Dover. It's somewhere I've never been before. We parked at the National Trust car park and wandered along the cliff top to the South Foreland Lighthouse, it's a two mile walk but the cliff top is not as flat as we thought and it was much more of a hike! The weather was beautiful and the sea was unbelievably calm and blue. You could see all the way to France! It's a lovely walk and I'd recommend it, just make sure you wear good footwear as my feet are killing me after walking it in sandals!




I love lighthouses and although I prefer the taller more generic looking lighthouse, this one is so cute! I will definately be coming back for a little tour and you can even stay in the keepers cottage (although there's not much room left this year!). They also do underground tours of the nearby Fan Bay Deep Shelter although a climb down 125 steep stairs didn't entice me today!


Comments

Popular Posts