Bee School

I've decided to expand my bee knowledge and have decided to attempt the BBKA Module exams! I've heard they are notoriously difficult so I've definitely given myself a challenge. I'm starting with Module 2- Honey Bee Products and Forage-as my Beekeeping Association are running a Winter Study Group on this module. It started in October and is every other Monday evening, its been really interesting however it now seems to be getting into the nitty gritty of honey and I'm finding trying to remember it all really hard. I've always been a bit of a geek and love learning but it seems to be struggle to keep it in my brain! Hopefully it will sink in soon as my exam is on the 23rd March!

Some of my facts so far that have remained in my brain:
-holly has male and female plants
-the density of honey is 1.4 (1.4 whats I can;t remember!!)
-there is over a million pollen grains in 1lb of honey!
-the height of the weight on a 1lb jar of honey has to be 4mm

Hopefully that will be all the exam questions but I doubt it!

Comments

Popular Posts